It is currently 16 Jun 2024 17:08

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: BE AWARE OF NOKIA
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009 18:16 

Hey guys,

dunno if any of you use nokia phones, but heres a little warning. DONT, they a awful.

I last had a nokia phone nearly 5 years ago, i never used them again because it spent as much time in repair as the time i actually had use of it, and i was still paying.

anyway i made a booboo last month, i got an n85...here is the e-mail i just had to send nokia, cos their customer services somehow manage to be worse than thier phones.

Hi,

I purchased a N85 handset from last month. Until now the phone has provided me with adequate service. However, today the phone has started to switch itself of whenever I try to accept an in coming call or dial a number.
This is the first time I have used a nokia phone now in nearly 5 years, as the last nokia phone spent 6 of the 12 mnonth contact away for repair. I also had to pay whilst not using the phone.
I have tried to call your customer services today but unfortunatley I never had enough credit on my skype account to survive the less than user friendly automated menu.
Additional problems I have noticed is that when using the satalitte navigation service the maps application switches of and the phone reboots.
I fear that I have made a devestaing mistake in returning to a nokia phone and I hope that your customer services prove to be a saving grace.
You will have to contact me any week day after 4pm on the skype number I have provided.
To help in you diagnostic the phone has recieved no damage and up until several hours ago was able to recieve and make calls.
It may also be worth noting that when I press the green button it enters my call history, and only when I try to dial a number does it switch off.
I look forward with nervous anticipation of your reply and any help that may be forth coming.

Many thanks,

Alex Mitsiaras

Post subject: Re: BE AWARE OF NOKIA
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009 18:29 
SSDi Randy Scotsman

hey Alex, sister inlaw had a similar thing on her n95 8g, after she cracked the face, her keys went wonkey also, they had to do a software reinstall. sounds like you'rs is needing a software reinstall also.

http://www.n95users.com/forum/nokia-n85/

this is a good site to check for problems etc.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009 18:33 

have you tried doing a hard reset? think its *#7370# or something (remember to remove the memorystick if you do)

Ive used a 6680 for 3 years and never had a problem with it except when I accidentially took it with me on the final excersice during my military service and landed on it smashing the display:P

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009 18:47 

tried a software update mate?

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009 19:24 
SSDi Scouser

I have had Nokia up until a year ago, never again.

Biggest problem I had was that if I let the battery die, it wouldn't be able to recharge (so I had to buy a new one). And Nokia said it wasn't included in the warranty, fuck them lol. Sony Ericsson all the way now, plus Ericsson is swedish :D

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009 19:50 

hmm, my system has the most recent update. will try a hard reset.

i agree with you though sammy, sony eriksson all the way, used them for 4 years (and one god awful year with lg) and never had a problem.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009 20:04 

i used sony ericsson until i renewed my contract 6 months ago, i got a nokia N95 and its great. harry has the same phone and we both have had no problems. my contracts with O2 and has been for years, when the contract was in the last month i asked them for the N95. they said i had to upgrade my contract to £45 a month from £35 a month to get it. i said i could get it elsewhere for £35 pm and would, so they gave me the £45pm contract for £35. now i have more minutes and txts per month than i could possibly use and free internet access on the phone.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009 21:17 

Baykal {l Wrote}:

Biggest problem I had was that if I let the battery die, it wouldn't be able to recharge (so I had to buy a new one). And Nokia said it wasn't included in the warranty, fuck them lol. Sony Ericsson all the way now, plus Ericsson is swedish :D

I bought a sony ericsson (k750i) a few years ago : after one year the whole circuit was dead, the warranty paid the repairation but the problem came back 6 month after! and the warranty was over! Then i bought a nokia and i still hvent problems... :D

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009 22:31 

thank you holm, the restoration seems to have sorted the problem.

this forum has proven yet again to be better than any customer service i have ever use. cheers guys.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009 22:39 

photon92 {l Wrote}:
Baykal {l Wrote}:

I bought a sony ericsson (k750i) a few years ago : after one year the whole circuit was dead, the warranty paid the repairation but the problem came back 6 month after! and the warranty was over! Then i bought a nokia and i still hvent problems... :D

i love k750is

but thats mainly because of how versatile the firmware it has is :p

and when i say versatile i mean how piss easy it is to alter it and change things :p

i swear by sony ericssons :)

atm i got a samsung soul though :D

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next