[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 392: preg_replace_callback(): No ending delimiter '/' found
SSD-inc • View topic - Telescope wanted

It is currently 27 Apr 2024 21:08

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Telescope wanted
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012 23:30 

k, so seen a bit of the BBC Sky At Night and thought about buying a telescope, got some half decent binoculars and can see a shit load more stars with them than i can see with the naked eye. So i browsed Ebay and looked at a few, but i dont know anything about them....... Anyone got a half decent one for sale ? .............. btw , am looking for one that'll see stars and planets etc, not a cheap £10 one to look at teh woman showering across teh road from me :)

found this on ebay, but if anyone got a better one for sale second hand for around the same money + delivery i'd be very interested, thanks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0401482786

Post subject: Re: Telescope wanted
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2012 00:17 

i got one from maplin maybe 10 years ago when we lived in Shetland. was awesome and no light polution there either. cost £200 then. I gave it away last week :Gimp:

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2012 00:23 

hey wavy........... Ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :D

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2012 10:46 

Advice here mate: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00n6xqj

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2012 16:29 
SSDi Randy Scotsman

STEALTH NINJA {l Wrote}:
k, so seen a bit of the BBC Sky At Night and thought about buying a telescope, got some half decent binoculars and can see a shit load more stars with them than i can see with the naked eye. So i browsed Ebay and looked at a few, but i dont know anything about them....... Anyone got a half decent one for sale ? .............. btw , am looking for one that'll see stars and planets etc, not a cheap £10 one to look at teh woman showering across teh road from me :)

found this on ebay, but if anyone got a better one for sale second hand for around the same money + delivery i'd be very interested, thanks

chris that scope shite... and i mean shite...

you can get a half decent one between 200-400 quid... anything below isn't worth the glass (plastic) thats in it... depends how big you want also.. or a motorized one...

if you dont have the cash available id w8.. the more you have the better you can buy.. look out on adds and ebay for somthing like the Celestron NexStar SE there's a few in the range but the 4 or the 5 is awsome bit of kit.. also u don't need to know where the stars are.. it's motorized .. they find em for you.. unless your in the front room and the stars at the back off the house..

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2012 19:53 

bob {l Wrote}:
STEALTH NINJA {l Wrote}:

chris that scope shite... and i mean shite...

you can get a half decent one between 200-400 quid... anything below isn't worth the glass (plastic) thats in it... depends how big you want also.. or a motorized one...

if you dont have the cash available id w8.. the more you have the better you can buy.. look out on adds and ebay for somthing like the Celestron NexStar SE there's a few in the range but the 4 or the 5 is awsome bit of kit.. also u don't need to know where the stars are.. it's motorized .. they find em for you.. unless your in the front room and the stars at the back off the house..

hahah, yer or if i have £2,000 i can get a really good one........................... but to get a quick taster of it, and its probly gunna be a novelty, thats gunna end up in th eloft in a box within 2 weeks........ i can't justify £300 on one...........
it's like yer X5..... the best ya buy, but ya don't get yer monies worth out of it. For how often ya use it, and ya probly don't use it to its full potential, you'd probly be better off starting out with a 4.0l Jeep Cherokee.......... 10% of the price, not too special to be scared of using it FULLY...... and all in all you'll get a similar experience...

btw, that second vid is shite, ya can see hubble...... ok , his timing was GOOD to see it, but the moon looks similar detail through my binoculars

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2012 00:34 
SSDi Randy Scotsman

Thats not a prob.. type clestron in ebay... used..... uk..... auction....... maybe something like the 114GT..........

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]