It is currently 28 Mar 2024 14:12

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Real talk/AFG
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2015 22:45 

TBH I know it's been said time and time again but the GG server is absolutely pish, It just keeps getting worse and worse.
Last few months when I've come on it's just been terrible, 50+ choke, server can't maintain even close to 66 ticks,
latency is higher than it should be and so on.
I get less latency playing newer games that require more bandwidth, and are hosted on servers twice the distance away.

So with all that in mind I'm just not gonna play.

I'll be contactable via PM if anyone wants computer advice since I like a good few of you though.

Post subject: Re: Real talk/AFG
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2015 00:59 

We're currently addressing this issue, we have to decide if we (as a clan with donations from players/members) can afford a 1st class server. They're pretty much twice the price of the server were paying for now. Realistically, if we don't double the amount of contributions we're getting now, then we simply can't afford to rent a 1st class server.
As bad as the reg is at times, on the whole, people who go there to have fun can still do so even with bad reg. I know its not ideal, but I think it's a case of "make best of what we have" ....... For the moment!

Btw, you sure it's our servers reg, and not just your shit aim

:P

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2015 15:19 

There's things you can do to improve the game on the server you already have.

I know I'm not even close to good but it's just not fun when the server can't even respond in a timely manner and
half the frames your GPU sends to your screen are just guesses based on the data from the previous frame, even if you're
using G-Sync it's having to throw in false frames when the server drops right down to 33 ticks.

I've said it several times before: Improved settings would result in a more consistent game.
Sure it's not going to be perfect but it can be better.

Lower update rate on server, an inconsistent update rate causes bad reg because it's out of sync with interpolation.
Remove/fix maps that contain bugs impacting performance.
Enforce settings properly (half the problems on the server are caused by people coming in with scripts to override them)
Reduce ping limit to 120 (consider 80-90, this would still allow a latency of over 100) It's 2015, the only people that can't
play with latency under 100 are so far away they shouldn't be on the server in the first place.
Enforce interpolation rates, half the people on the server who complain about reg are using incorrect interpolation settings
causing the bad reg hate, your interp should be either the update rate divided by 1 (use this if you're planning to enforce
update rates, and you should be) or use 0 and let the game calculate it for you.
Remove plugins that don't work or fix them.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2015 15:32 

In regards to donations, perhaps a method of payment that isn't paypal,
I'm sure I'm not the only one who dislikes it and doesn't use it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]