It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:58

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Disney buys Star Wars
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012 12:11 
SSDi Scouser

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20146942

{l Quote}:
In a statement announcing the purchase, Disney said it planned to release a new Star Wars film, episode seven, in 2015. That will be followed by episodes eight and nine and then one new movie every two or three years, the company said.

:headslap:

What's worse, new Star Wars films made by George Lucas, or new Star Wars films made by Disney? :lol:

Post subject: Re: Disney buys Star Wars
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012 14:13 

I wouldn't dis it until we see how they do with the first one, there are plenty of story lines they can take given the large number of books out there, or they can try and carry on from the end of the 6th film starting with the rise of the new jedi order. Who knows what is going to happen but disney have done a pretty good job with pixar, and marvel so far!

If any1 needs hosting, website & graphics design, leaflets & more give me a shout Bossbuild Internet Marketing. Lots to do but its getting there :)

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012 14:40 
SSDi Killer Clown

Hope they don't do it all cutie cut..

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012 14:59 

I hope the new ones have Mickey Mouse and Goofy in them ...

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012 15:11 
SSDi Scouser

Star Wars should have been left well alone after the first 3 movies.

You do realise George Lucas is retiring so its up to Disney at this point. Pixar kept most of their chief staff when they were bought and Disney left the running of the company up to them.

The quote makes it quite obvious their plan is to start churning out Star Wars-movies, and I can't see it being anything but crap. Don't think George Lucas would have done a better job though

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012 15:11 
SSDi Scouser

Star Wars should have been left well alone after the first 3 movies.

You do realise George Lucas is retiring so its up to Disney at this point. Pixar kept most of their chief staff when they were bought and Disney left the running of the company up to them.

The quote makes it quite obvious their plan is to start churning out Star Wars-movies, and I can't see it being anything but crap. Don't think George Lucas would have done a better job though

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012 16:32 
SSDi Killer Clown

you stutter boy ?

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012 16:47 

George Lucas is retiring but has been kept on as a Creative Consultant. He has just retired his position as the overall owner.

{l Quote}:
Mr Lucas will continue as a creative consultant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20146942

I personally think this could be a good move by him, the popularity of the Star Wars franchise has been immense, think of all the games released, the books, and now there are going to be more films to carry on the whole brand. Its like saying they should have stopped the 007 Bond films, personally the last ones have been some of the best. (though i have not seen skyfall yet)

I doubt Disney will will ruin the star wars name, and if they do they will loose out on a lot of money in the long run so it is in their best interests to keep it going as it has been.

If any1 needs hosting, website & graphics design, leaflets & more give me a shout Bossbuild Internet Marketing. Lots to do but its getting there :)

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012 17:12 
SSDi Scouser

Creative consultant doesn't mean anything really, he hasn't retired his position, he sold the company for money and shares in Disney. He's selling the intellectual property to Star Wars I'd assume i.e. he'll have absolutely no input (which is good because that man has done more to ruin his creation then anyone else...).

Disney are experts at milking franchises, so I think their aim is to earn as much money as possible. Keep it going as it has been.. it has been crap, and the Extended Universe doesn't count because only fans care about that.

(New 007-films are barely 007-films though, so the comparison isn't very good since I doubt the new Star Wars movies will be completely different)

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012 20:11 

Times change, as too have the 007 films, and the Star Wars films......

I mean, they can't just keep remaking the same films over and over again......... so they change things, gain some new fans, lose some older fans...... i mean, when Star wars first came out, the people that liked it weren't yer grandads, they were 12-30 year olds, grandads watched westerns lol.......... Now, years on the 12-30 year olds are now a lot older and wiser, and Star Wars ain't gunna be appealing to them as much as a boring film does.....

Now disney have it, they probly gunna make the films for 12-20 year olds, which aint gunna appeal to all teh people who watched the Episode One / Phantom menace etc when they were in their teens....... So, if ya liked Star Wars 10 years ago, yer not gunna like the new Disney stuff

e.g. The Goonies was EPIC when i was 12 yrs old or so....... i watch it now, and still like it, coz i remember how much i enjoyed it when i was a kid.........

you try and show The Goonies to a kid of today, and they'd probly just turn off the TV :P

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next