It is currently 27 Apr 2024 17:02

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Re: Tevez issues warning to Man Utd
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009 12:42 

hmm, depends on where you read it. he had a different attitude in the times (yes i do read the posh paper) where he said that negotiations hadnt stared yet but that the club and himself agreed that it is too soon yet.

my take on it (please dont think i am being biased as i support liverpool),

man u want tevez to stay and visa versa. however, atm tevez is a squad player with little chance of forcing a place from rooney or ronaldo. the asking price for tevez is in the region of 32 million pounds. however, that is from a south american company who deal in euros, so that 32 million pounds(quoted in august) may now be as much as 35million +. Although manchester united boast one of the biggest marketing enterprises in sport, they also support on of the biggest debts, roughly 600million pounds. this rising debt, plus the money likely to be spent on newer, younger talent, and the fact that tevez is a squad player mean it is unlikely that sir tosspot would be willing to spend such big bucks on him.

its a shame to see such a quality forward leave the premiership, but i believe that tevez will be back in argentina after this season.

if i'm wrong then fair enough. but remember where ya heard it first.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]