It is currently 28 Mar 2024 19:38

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: windows 10
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015 13:52 
Site Admin

Since 1 month now I run the new windows 10.

I have no idea who installed it too and how it runs on your pc.

But after all, I regret upgrading my windows 7 to the 10 version.

Lots of drivers were lost and playing a game was impossible because of crash -> bsod.
Now, most is fixed but still I cant use some of my USB sticks, they work fine on my laptop and other pc's but win10 doesnt find them.
Also starting up the pc gives 1 time on 2 issues; stuck on a loading screen, even after some hours it doesnt start.
Rebooting the pc is the only thing that helps.

Windows 10 puts all your private stuff on the internet, you have to change all the settings to avoid this.

Not easy to find installed programs back, if there is no link created on the desktop you have to search it on the HD

Unfortunately I couldnt repair my pc to my good old win7, my HD was full and with making some space I ve accidently deleted the files to restore the old version.

Something good with win10? Dunno, if I find something I ll edit my post.

Post subject: Re: windows 10
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015 18:04 

I honestly can't say I notice too much difference, yes the new menus took some getting used to but I use them so little. It is very much Windows 7 with a start page for me.

With regard to the spyware situation I can't really comment until I see someone in the news that has been affected by it, until then it's just more background stuff MS has always collected in secret but we didn't know about it. I will hold judgement until I see evidence of a problem...though with my luck I will be sued by every corporation on the planet next week because MS told them I illegally downloaded a screensaver :)

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015 19:04 
SSDi God

There's that much pirate stuff on my PC there was no way I was going to install the eavesdropping, spying, snooping motherfucker that is Windows 10! Apart from making most your games inoperable it screws with a lot of stuff behind the scenes!
Oh, and BTW, I wont fill in the Steam survey either, that basically takes a snapshot of all the applications on your hard drive as well!

SK

Clanpay link below
http://www.gameservers.com/clanpay/?clanid=b5701433fa91d58374b576769ae6d3ca

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015 20:52 
Site Admin

Serialkiller {l Wrote}:
I wont fill in the Steam survey either, that basically takes a snapshot of all the applications on your hard drive as well!

SK

+1

They ask for thing that are not their business.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2015 12:11 

I don't know if this helps, but I've upgraded to win10 from win8.1. I still don't know if i like it or not. I feel that this is for newer computers with touchscreen.

When I upgraded I had a hard time to find back to my old files, but at last I found them.

When you go into your Local Disc ((C:) for me) you will find one folder called Windows.old where alot of your old stuff is installed. Most files in the folder: Program Files (x86) and Program Files were still there so I wasn't required to reinstall Steam and all the games.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2015 13:09 

Personally, no problems other than an issue with my Razer Synapse software (caused a conflict during the upgrade but very easily solved) and a delay in Creative releasing proper drivers for my Sound Blaster.

The OS itself seems very stable, certainly faster than Win7 and all of my software runs correctly. Compatibility with some of my older stuff is better. Definitely an improvement on Win 8.1 and I prefer it to 7. Hardware compatibility seems good, my old printer and webcam (Vista era) both work despite not being officially supported and still using Win 7 drivers.

So much BS has been spouted about the snooping, just check your privacy settings and stop being paranoid.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2015 17:38 
SSDi God

Poundsey {l Wrote}:

So much BS has been spouted about the snooping, just check your privacy settings and stop being paranoid.

LOL
Shant! Can't make me! :)

SK

Clanpay link below
http://www.gameservers.com/clanpay/?clanid=b5701433fa91d58374b576769ae6d3ca

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2015 18:50 

Serialkiller {l Wrote}:
Poundsey {l Wrote}:

LOL
Shant! Can't make me! :)

SK

Give me a minute while I check SK's PC out.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2015 21:57 

I also will NOT install windows10 for the same reasons as SK.
your password...you'll never have to remember cos windows stores it and gives back up copies to the government, police, etc. dont believe me or SK, wil you believe Forbes?

One thing that has shocked me, however, is the genuinely jaw dropping level of invasion in the Windows 10 privacy policy and it deserves wider airing.

“Microsoft collects information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and your use of those devices, applications and networks. Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; and application usage.”

[When you] “use voice input features like speech-to-text, we may collect voice information and use it for purposes such as improving speech processing.”

In short: Microsoft can view your existing files and keylog everything you type when you create new ones. Use Windows 10 and you are agreeing to give access to all your data to the company.

Yes this is an operating system which can listen to everything you say, read everything you own and track everything you write and click.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly ... 10-spying/

also check out this one, cos believe me.....even the best of us...you know...i pay for everything nothing is pirated.erm thats bull. so you are telling me that you havent had a friend come over and say, i bought this today i've put it on my pc....let me put it on yours too..might aswell you have my permission, i bought it. yes HE bought it...you did not there a pirated copy has been placed on your pc, this also applies to music. if you do not own the original copy of the one that is on your pc.it is pirated and under copyright law.

http://www.businessworld.in/tech-pclapt ... RVuTm.dpbs

no one is safe from this, i will not install it, i will not let anyone spy on me, my data is mine...data protection is there for a reason..windows10 waives your rights in my oppinion.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2015 22:40 

I suggest you read this: http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-tries-to-clear-the-air-on-windows-10-privacy-furor/

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next