It is currently 28 Mar 2024 12:51

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Anyone got a spare HDD?
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013 21:08 

easiest way to get it to work is take the computer upstairs and throw it out the window and get a new one on the house insurance

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013 21:22 

2Beers {l Wrote}:
easiest way to get it to work is take the computer upstairs and throw it out the window and get a new one on the house insurance

having a clumsy cat helps :Gimp:

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2013 19:56 

2Beers {l Wrote}:

do check that the item in question IS insured before you FUBAR it ! :P

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013 22:25 

STEALTH NINJA {l Wrote}:
2Beers {l Wrote}:

do check that the item in question IS insured before you FUBAR it ! :P

Don't phone up and ask if its insured before you break it either lol.

little tip here for you boys and girls....

broken pc's/laptops can be repaired. if you want a replacement no questions asked then do this.....

puke or piss on it!

yup thats what i said.

babies are ideal for this.... oooh no i was holding my baby cousin while my auntie went to get clean nappy and the baby pee'd, all over my laptop and now it wont work!?!?!?!?!

99% of the time they will the details and send you money for replacement.
1% of the time they will send you a biohazard box to put it in so you can send it back to them.

human fluid is classed as a biohazard and they WILL NOT want to touch or handle it so will instantly replace and tell you to dispose of it yourself.
if they send a biocontainer...you could be screwed.

option 2....

ribena drink. this drink is full of sugar when you spilll it on your keyboard the sugar fooks up the circuit board.
scenario.... ooooh no i was babysitting and my little baby cousin toddled in with a ribena drink and threw it at me, my laptop frazzled and went POOOF now wont switch back on!

flippin kids!

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013 22:54 

haha, makes me wonder how many electrical things you'd p*ss*d on to claim for :P

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2013 11:06 

About 12 years ago I was called out to a customer's site because their server was down. They are a helicopter operator, based in an old airfield. The server was an old style case with the large keyboard connector (some of you old timers might remember what the chunky keyboard connectors used to be like). Because this server just sat on the floor churning away, the customer had removed the keyboard to use elsewhere, leaving a 1 inch hole in the back of the case.

Anyway..... The power was on but the monitor showed garbage on screen. Ah ha! Knackered video card thinks me. So I pulled the power, lifted the server onto the desk and cracked open the case. A disgusting smell hit me straight away - I was expecting to find the video card burnt to a crisp. I removed the case and discovered a mouse nest inside the nice toasty warm server. There was mouse poo and piss everywhere. And I mean everywhere! The urine had been eating away at the video card and motherboard over time and totally shafted it.

I managed to get the data of the drives and after washing my hands for an hour, sorted a temporary machine out for them. The insurance company paid out for a new server, no questions.

So, get a rodent in your rig!

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2