It is currently 27 Apr 2024 10:37

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Photographing Police officers.
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2009 10:36 
SSDi Killer Clown

hang em all.. if they cant hold the pressure just bloody resign.. these are fuckin chocking images on those who work with to "protecting" us...

Edit: my dads cousin is a narc.. biggest scum ever .. if they busting down on a immigrant he said that he gives them an extra punch or 2 :? and he cheats on his wife and rumors about beating up his wife, "fix" cars and sell them....

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2009 11:26 

Asides from all this - There is a serious problem with Policing in Britain for various reasons.

The pass mark for the entry exam has been dropped to 50% - wtf??? I want my Police Officers to be able to think and reason with a good level of understanding of the law they are enforcing, not just be some numpty with C grade GSCE English who can follow orders ffs. There are many officers walking the streets and suspending people's liberty who wouldn't have been allowed to join the force 10 to 15 years ago.

The target driven culture has lead to skewed priorities. Police discretion has gone out of the window. One of my work colleagues was speeding (doing 40 in a 30) and went passed a panda car going in the other direction. The Police threw a U turn and pulled him over. There was no way that they could prove the speed that he was doing so they told him that he was being reported for using a mobile phone whilst driving. He told them that he wasn't, his mobile was at home (it really was) and they replied "No, you ARE being reported for using a mobile phone whilst driving". Now the fact is that the fixed penalty that he has been issued with is the same as that for speeding but that is not the point. They couldn't prove that he was speeding because they didn't have radar or cameras and didn't follow him whilst he was speeding, so they have fabricated an offence in order to get a conviction. They must have been low on their weekly quota. The problem he has is that if he goes to court to contest the penalty and looses, he could then face a £1500 fine. In front of a judge his word against theirs won't for much "I was speeding your honour but they can't prove it so they've stitched me up as they are corrupt" - who's he going to believe? They should have given him a verbal and let him go!

I have friends who have left the Police force due to the piles of paperwork that they had to wade through every day of their lives. One bloke told me that it was normal for most coppers to not arrest/caution anybody within the last hour of their shift as they would end up having to do paper work for 2 hours rather than going home to their families.

The government have a responsibility to sort their mess out for the sake of the Police and society. I really wouldn't want to try doing their job - it's no wonder that some of them don't do it properly with the shit they have to take.

Don't even start me on PCSOs - what a load of bullshit. There was nothing wrong with the Special Constable scheme and this government thinks that they can fob us off with half trained support officers. They should try funding the Police properly and providing us with the high calibre officers that we need and deserve.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2009 11:56 

Good post DM, also did anyone else hear that Tomlinson actually died of internal bleeding?

It took 2 post mortems to find that out - wonder how much they paid the first coroner.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2009 12:17 

from what i read, his second post mortem was carried yout independently at the request of his next of kin.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2009 12:34 

wavy {l Wrote}:
from what i read, his second post mortem was carried yout independently at the request of his next of kin.

Also the IPCC requested jointly. I've heard that there will be a 3rd carried out - seems fair to me.

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2