It is currently 28 Mar 2024 19:48

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Another life update!
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2018 13:06 

Hello to the SSDi family <3

I just wanted to let you all know how i’m getting on! It has been a busy 18 months for me and a lot has happened - some things for better and some for worse. (As is life!)

I know that I mentioned in my last update nearly a year ago that I had applied to join the Police and was going through the stages of the recruitment process and well I’m now proud to announce that I have just completed my training which started in September 2017 and I have just been attested and sworn in at court last week so I am now a warranted Special Constable! It has been bloody hard work but as they say, hard work pays off and it feels great to now be in a career that I’ve always wanted to do! I think I have also mentioned this previously, but for anyone who doesn’t know, a Special Constable is only a volunteer role so I don’t get paid. However, I have the same powers, uniform and everything else as a regular paid Police Constable - I just have to volunteer a minimum of 16 hours per month to policing. BUT... North Yorkshire Police which is the force area that i’m attached to started recruiting for full time officers back in November and so naturally I put in an application to join! My application was shortlisted out of 1300 people who applied and I have been to an assessment centre and passed and I am now just waiting on my final interview and if all goes well then I could be a full time officer at some point later this year!

I hope everyone involved in SSDi is doing well and having a great year so far and I wish everyone the best of the best! I am going to try and visit the forums much more frequently and also pop onto the GG server every now and again. Recently though, I have been playing PUBG quite a lot and been enjoying it massively and I know others on here have been doing the same so if anyone fancies teaming up then just drop me a message when i’m on!

I have just chipped in $30 to the chitty as I haven’t donated in a while so I hope that it helps a little. All the best to everyone!

Regards,

Elliott / Eliphant

xo

Post subject: Re: Another life update!
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2018 13:19 
Site Admin

Thank you Elliott, and great to hear things are going wel.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]